Sometimes it is very nice indeed to eat some vegetables. It is nicer to the cows and pigs and stuff. It is even vegan, so you can eat it and feel very morally and physically superior. Like this:
Last night I ate this:
BBQ cauliflower salad (adapted from several sources on the interwebs)
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce
- 1/2 c. black beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 ear of corn, cooked and sliced (I used a cup of frozen niblets, cause they were in my house)
- Shredded carrots
- about a cup of sliced grape matoes
- Non-dairy ranch dressing (recipe below)
- Crushed torilla chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Place cauliflower florets on the sheet and bake 10-15 minutes.
- Brush the BBQ sauce onto the cauliflower. Bake another 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble all of the ingredients together for the salad.
- Eat it. You’re welcome
Non Dairy Ranch dressing:
1 cup of cashews, soaked for several hours then drained
parsley flakes, 1 T
dried dill, 1T
one clove garlic
some green onions (about 2T)
the juice of a lemon
one and a half cups of non-dairy milk (I used almond)
place all ingredients in blender and blend profusely
add to salad immediately before eating.